You will receive a shipping notice from UPS, Canada Post, or USPS within 2 weeks of placing your order.
To return your product, you should mail your product to:
3695 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS B3K 2Y3
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item. Shipping costs are non-refundable. If you receive a refund, the cost of return shipping will be deducted from your refund.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you, may vary.
If you are shipping an item over $75, you should consider using a trackable shipping service or purchasing shipping insurance. We don’t guarantee that we will receive your returned item.
- Where did the name Dormie Workshop come from and why is the Cow standing on a golf club?
- While watching the 2014 Ryder Cup on TV, the word "Dormie" was always being used. We thought it was a cool term that was old school and we love playing match play. We added Workshop because thats exactly what our workplace is and also adds to the Old World feel!
The cow represents a number of things, primarily that leather is our choice for product material. Occasionally we experiment with other materials for special projects but 99% of the time we use genuine leather.
- Where are all your products made?
- All our leather products are handmade in our Workshop in Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Can you add a name or initials to any cover on your website?
- Yes, we can personalize any cover and more! Please email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org to personalize any cover on our website.
- What's the difference between you guys and the other guys?
- We not only personalize, we customize as well. Meaning, a name is personalizing a cover but we go "Next level" by offering custom covers made from scratch. If you can dream it, we can probably make it! Think of the show Orange County Choppers...except in headcovers, that's us!
- Why do your prices have such a a large variance?
- It comes down to design. The more ornamented and complex a cover becomes, the more the price will be. We use a number of techniques our competitors don't and often combine methods to make covers that are considered pieces of art.
We use embroidery, laser etching, embossing and leather applique as our 4 common methods for creating unique designs.
- How do I get a custom cover?
- Three things take place and are listed below:
- Send in your idea which can be a picture, sketch, or written description.
- Then we make a digital mock up for you to approve.
- A number of iterations are permitted (some art fees are applicable), once approved and paid for, your cover will arrive in about 4 weeks.
- Can you do Professional sports teams such as the NFL, NBA, MLB etc...?
- We do not make covers which may violate copyright laws and/or trademarked logos such as beer brands, movies etc.
We can make "Inspired" covers using common themes based upon your favourite team such as numbers and colourways.
- How long does it take to make a custom cover?
- Once the artwork is approved, covers will typically take 4 weeks to arrive.
- How long do orders via your website take to arrive?
- These items are made to order and usually ship within 2 weeks or sooner.
- Do you sponsor any events which anyone can play in?
- We are official sponsors/partners of PGA Canada, PGA Atlantic, Golf Canada, Nova Scotia Golf Association and Golf Beattie Strong. There are a number of events we sponsor in tee gifts and also compete in! You can learn more about these initiatives by signing up for our newsletter and following us on our social media sites which can be found using the handle @dormieworkshop on Instagram/Facebook/Twitter.